Sunday, 27 March 2011

"Life Is A Gift"

I was raised without religion.   My parents were born in England and attended strict Catholic boarding schools where the nuns ruled with an iron fist.  It was commonplace for children to be hit with belts and sticks when they stepped out of line,  without opportunity to explain themselves.  They were also beaten and told they were ‘sinners’ for avoiding religious protocol.  The approach to God at these places did not seem come from the spirit of mercy.  
My father was a bit of a radical free-thinker, and he did not take kindly to being forced to conform to dogma.   As a result, he became very opposed to organized religion once he reached adulthood.  At his first opportunity, he took my mother, my sister and myself across the ocean to Canada to start a new life without anyone else’s judgement or control.   I remember he would always tell us to think for ourselves.  Not to allow anyone to dictate what was right and wrong, or what we could and couldn’t do.  He felt that through guilt, fear, and brainwashing, religious institutions had mastered a way to keep people under their thumb and prevent them from thinking for themselves.  We never attended church with our family except on the occasion of a funeral or wedding.  But even after everything my father had told me, something stirred within me.  Something called to me, and I knew there had to be more.

At the age of nine, I met a girl at school.  Her family had a strong faith, and belonged to a small Presbyterian church in our community.  I was always intrigued and curious about what went on there, and one day I asked if I could join them.  Of course they were thrilled.  My dad?... not so much.   He didn’t understand why I wanted to go, but to his credit, he didn’t stop me.  I think he figured I would be bored to tears and not want to go back.  But that was not what happened.  In fact, I attended that little church with them every Sunday for 3 years, until we moved away.  At that time, I started looking for another church, and from then on, I found and attended a few different churches throughout my youth (usually because of being relocated due to my father’s job).  Eventually, at the age of 19, I moved on my own from eastern Canada, to the west, where I still am today.  
It was at that time that I began to explore my faith in a more personal light.  What did it mean to have a relationship with God?   I was ready to expand beyond what a single religion had taught me.  I had questions that I wanted answers to.  What else was out there?  There was so much to know.  The depth of Spirit is bottomless.  There is no way to ever fully understand it because it is ever-evolving.  We know this by observing Creation in the ever-expanding Universe.  God is a Shapeshifter.  Always challenging us, changing us, giving us something new.  

This brings me to my most recent musings….

Michael has this way of surprising me with His teachings.  They sneak up on me when I’m least expecting it, and the lesson never seems to be the obvious one.  As we all know, our world just lost an angel.  The Angel, Elizabeth Taylor -  beautiful friend to our Michael, and amazing humanitarian to this world.  I know that she had been struggling with her health in the last few years, and that Michael’s death had hit her very hard.  So when I initially heard about her passing, I felt a kind of peace in the idea that she was with Him again, and how joyful their reunion would have been.  But later that day, when I was in prayer with Michael; and by that I mean, those quiet moments – you know them – when you feel Michael close to you.  So close that you almost expect Him to materialize physically before your eyes.  You feel His energy, and you know He is sharing Himself with you.  It was in this moment that I felt something unexpected.   I felt sorrow.  I asked Him why… was He not happy to see His friend?  What arose in my heart was this:  “There is always sadness in passing.  Life is a Gift…”  

At first I was confused by this.  I know life is a gift.  Why would He say that?  And I still didn’t understand His sorrow.   But now there was only silence.  It is not unusual for Him to throw me a single bread crumb,  then leave me to find the rest of the way home  on my own.  This used to frustrate me to no end.. but then I realized what a brilliant teacher Michael is.  He does not allow me to cut corners.  He insists that I think for myself, opening a window to my wondering, then leaving me to discover where it leads.  So once again, I considered His words and allowed them to take root in my soul.  The human soul is the Great Translator.  It speaks all languages, deciphers any code, and unravels every mystery.  It is often an uncomfortable process for me, but the result is indescribably beautiful. 

Death.  Thinking of this wasn’t something new to me.  I had spent a lot of time (like everyone, I'm sure) considering what happens to the soul after it leaves our physical body.  In my early soul work, I believed that when we die, our spirit leaves our body and is transported into Heaven, where we would live an eternity of happiness with our loved ones, serving God and rejoicing in His Love.  As I continued my soul journey, however, I felt like there was more to the equation, and I began to think about reincarnation and the idea of ‘soul evolution’. 
I believe that all of Nature is a reflection of God.  Whatever exists  here on this planet, exists because of its Creator.  For every action there is a reaction.  For every behaviour there is a consequence.  The Earth is constantly evolving.  Species are constantly evolving.  We are constantly evolving.  So, spiritual evolution made sense to me. We watch a plant bear fruit, turn to seed, and rebirth itself.  Why would our lives be different?  Why would the human spirit not follow the pattern of the rest of nature?  The belief I arrived at then,  was this...

We are all spiritual beings, living here on earth with other spiritual beings.  We have all entered into these lives with certain lessons to be learned, and that our lives here present us with opportunities to learn these lessons.  Once our present lives come to an end, we are then taken to a place of rest and reflection, where we can look at the lessons that we learned, and decide what other lessons we are ready to tackle, including those lessons that we were unsuccessful with in our last incarnation.   We then return to earth in another life, in another body, in another place, with another list of ‘things to do’.  As we move through these lives, collecting these lessons, our spirit becomes more and more evolved until ultimately, we reach a state of completion.  It is then that our physical journey is over, and we enter our place in Heaven next to God. 

Who would have known that one sentence from Michael would make me not only re-evaluate everything I believed, but call me to question why it had ever even mattered in the first place.

“Life is a Gift.”  Whatever quality that Michael laced this sentence with when He offered it to me was transforming.  This is one of Michael’s finest gifts, and it is so present in His music.   He has a way of expressing something and making others feel it.  Whatever words do to devoid something of meaning, Michael can resuscitate it.  He breathes life into everything.  He has this way of expressing something that we all have heard a thousand times, and making it new again.  How remarkable. 
So, when I allowed these four words to seep into my soul, what surfaced was an epiphany.  I was stunned.  The Gift is not what comes AFTER life.  This IS the Gift.  Right here, right now.  This moment.  THIS IS IT.  LIFE is the Gift.  A very personal and unique Gift entrusted to each one of us.  The Holiest of undertakings... to be carriers of Life. 

Is it really the work of a Loving, All-Knowing God  to observe us from above while He waits to see if we will manage to find the right religion, and by this "grace,"  be redeemed ?  To make life a test of faith,  or some kind of suffering intended to earn us eternal life and a place with Him in Heaven?  

So here we are, all fumbling through life, most of us hoping to get it right.  Some of us seeking escape or comfort, others anticipating an ultimate reward.  How ungrateful !   Is it really God we seek, or is it immortality?   We have been given this glorious planet absolutely teeming with beauty and possibility.  An original work of art, designed in perfect mastery, and we are waiting for more?!   The human race needs to be humbled.  Is anything ever enough?  No wonder Michael was so passionate about teaching us to take care of our planet.  No wonder He was so desperate for us to Love each other, to make that change, to teach us that we are all ONE.  No wonder He was so humbled and awed by this Earth and everything in it.  And no wonder He was grieving for Elizabeth, because she has left this beautiful place behind.  Is her soul somewhere now reflecting in some place or state of knowing… watching us… seeing us all wandering around, hoping for something better and breaking her heart as she witnesses our lack of joy and appreciation for this one precious, sacred Gift that she now sees so clearly?  Wishing for an opportunity to come back to this Heaven and LIVE?!   Because this is where Love is.   Here, on this planet.  In the trees and the birds and the oceans… and in us.  God exists in all life.   He has been here all along, waiting patiently for us to recognize Him, so He can finally embrace us in a Paradise Consciousness that is the essence and intention of our very soul.

God is everywhere.  There is no reuniting with Him.  Our being alive is proof that He is already inside us. Knowing this, we no longer need more.   Confirmation of life beyond the moment of Now becomes irrelevant.  We are already in Eternity.

…And to evolve spiritually until we have learned everything and reach completion?  How is that even possible?  There is no end to God.  The Universe is continual.  Time is a circle.  Spiritual completion already lives in the molecules of our own design... the unbreakable unity with the Divine.  It is He who completes us.  Not lessons, or time, or knowledge, or any advancement that the finite human mind finds enlightening. 

We have likely heard the expression that we create our own heaven or hell here on Earth.  How true this is.  Granted, some of us have been given advantages that others haven’t.  Some have physical or mental handicaps.  Some are born into poverty.  Some are trapped in war-torn countries.  There are countless situations in the world that cause struggle and challenge.  This is what makes everyone’s Gift unique.   True joy comes, not from circumstance, but through intimacy with God.  And it is within this intimacy, where we can begin at last, to learn to share unselfishly,  to accept all differences,  to care for the Earth,  Her creatures and one another,  to appreciate beauty in all its forms,  to listen without ego and Love without limit,  and teach one another to do the same.   Then,  at last, we will being to understand what it means to pass through the gates of Paradise, and enter the kingdom of Heaven.

See you there :)



HEAVEN IS HERE

You and I were never separate 
It's just an illusion 
Wrought by the magical lens of Perception 
There is only one Wholeness 
Only one Mind 
We are like ripples 
In the vast Ocean of Consciousness 

Come, let us dance 
The Dance of Creation 
Let us celebrate 
The Joy of Life 
The birds, the bees 
The infinite galaxies 
Rivers, Mountains
Clouds and Valleys 
Are all a pulsating pattern 
Living, breathing 
Alive with cosmic energy 
Full of Life, of Joy 
This Universe of Mine 

Don't be afraid 
To know who you are 
You are much more 
Than you ever imagined 
You are the Sun 
You are the Moon 
You are the wildflower in bloom 
You are the Life-throb 
That pulsates, dances 
From a speck of dust 
To the most distant star 

And you and I were never separate 
It's just an illusion 
Wrought by the magical lens of Perception 
Let us celebrate The Joy of Life 
Let us dance The Dance of Creation 

Curving back within ourselves 
We create 
Again and again 
Endless cycles come and go 
We rejoice 
In the infinitude of Time 
There never was a time 
When I was not 
Or you were not 
There never will be a time 
When we will cease to be 
Infinite, Unbounded 
In the Ocean of Consciousness 
We are like ripples 
In the Sea of Bliss 

You and I were never separate 
It's just an illusion 
Wrought by the magical lens of Perception 
Heaven is Here 
Right now is the moment of Eternity 
Don't fool yourself 
Reclaim your Bliss 

Once you were lost 
But now you're home 
In a nonlocal Universe 
There is nowhere to go 
From Here to Here 
Is the Unbounded Ocean of Consciousness 
We are like ripples 
In the Sea of Bliss 

Come, let us dance 
The Dance of Creation 
Let us celebrate 
The Joy of Life 
And You and I were never separate 
It's just an illusion 
Wrought by the magical lens of Perception 
Heaven is Here Right now, this moment of Eternity 
Don't fool yourself 
Reclaim your Bliss

~ Michael Jackson, from "Dancing The Dream"











Blessings, Love, and Wisdom to all
Siren xxx

03/27/11
Copyright 2011 © by Siren

4 comments:

Siren said...

Repost

Speechless Magikal Child said...
Siren..

I wanted to post this with my original post but forgot...I agree with your post..I feel the same way...

I also had this come to mind:

Heaven is a stopover for our life's review....
Heaven is real...
Heaven lives in your heart...because God lives in our hearts...

Love Him more..

27 March, 2011 11:25 AM

Siren said...

Repost

Speechless Magikal Child said...
Siren...sweet sis..
Thank you so much for this beautiful soul searching scripture..that is what I feel it is. How true it is. I have been on a similar journey as you already know..another awakening for me. A new revelation. I feel it is a new re-birth for my soul..this time with eyes more open..rediscovering life..yet again to a better understanding with so much appreciation and gratefulness to God. I used to think this was hell here on earth. How selfish of me. To throw God's gift away by thinking this way. I hope He can forgive me. Ungrateful doesn't quite cover it for me. But my eyes are a bit more open with this new discovery in my heart and as it leads me into this beautiful journey I am enthusiastic about life as I am awakened with God's truth everywhere I go and everything that I do. I am listening more closely and I can hear God's truth everywhere. It is Almighty and Beautiful. Siren you are right. We have to listen more. We have so much work to do, yes. I am humbled by God's generous gift. Michael saw God everywhere in all things and life. For me, it is Michael who has led me this far, closer to God. I will be eternally grateful to Michael. Life IS a gift. I want to serve Him well. We have to live, live for God..it's our duty to Him. Love(GOD) IS a circle with no END.

Thank you Siren for writing this so well..you have expressed it yet again for me...every bit of it..:)
Love You More...

27 March, 2011 11:05 AM

Siren said...

Repost

Froggy said...
Siren,

Such a beautiful heartfelt post. Life truly is a gift. Oh my gosh how many times in the past I have not lifted up my eyes to see God’s gifts showered upon me. By studying Michael, he has led me to a closer relationship with my I AM Presence. For I feel Michael was very in tune with his I AM Presence (his God essence). From Mother/Father/God rays shine as individualized God Presences, The I AMs. That’s you and me! And from our I AM we receive a stream of electronic essence into our physical bodies, through the silver cord, which enters through the top of our head and anchors in our hearts. This is our source for life. It beats our heart, breathes our lungs, giving us life. It is a small bit of divinity that we carry, making us all Gods in embryo, until we grow to full stature. I believe Michael had the power and presence of his God connection, his I AM Presence, fully turned on. The same is true for each one of us. The great I AM Presence is God living within us. There is no greater gift that I can think of . . . ♥

Love you always,
Froggy

19 April, 2011 1:22 PM

Siren said...

Repost

Lady said...
Siren

Life is most definitely a Gift, and we do experience God moment to moment when we open our hearts and listen and see and feel with our souls. There is so much to learn and experience, so much beauty.

Michael sets such a high example of how to live life with zest, to never stop learning and creating, never stop loving, and never stop appreciating the Gift of Life we have all been given.

Michael has taught me to revisit the sacredness of life and my place among the living. To "be the change" I hope to see in the world, to never take one moment for granted.

Thank you for sharing your heart and soul with us, dear Siren!

LYM
nikki

27 March, 2011 5:41 PM