Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Divine Imperfection


Is it possible to be ‘divinely imperfect’? I often get the argument that Michael could not have been a divine presence because He made mistakes in His life and because He had flaws, as all humans do. I wonder though, by whose standards was He flawed? Is there really even such a thing as imperfection? Or is this just another human illusion? Are we not all creations of God? If God is perfect, and makes no mistakes, then we, as products of Him, must also be perfect.
Often when I have questions about God, I look to Nature for answers. At the very least, Nature is the living reflection of God, and even more probable, Nature IS God. Is there suffering in Nature? Is there cruelty? Violence? Destruction? Darkness? Absolutely. Is it imperfect? No, it just is. These things exist to provide balance, not to flaw an otherwise pristine creation. PERFECT BALANCE . By definition, anything else would be IMperfect… wouldn’t it? When I examine who Michael is, I find in Him this same perfect balance: opposite ends of the spectrum, and all degrees within thereof, spanning all dimensions (physical, mental and spiritual) and all contained within one being. How could that be considered anything less than perfect? The truth is that Michael IS perfect. And so are we. However we perceive this is really up to us.
Michael, however, did not have this veiled perception. His was a view of perfect clarity. He always tried to inspire others to do better, to strive to improve, to look within, to make that change. Did He tell us this because He felt we were flawed and needed correction? No, He told us this because He saw the depth of possibility and beauty in us, and wanted us to be everything that we were intended to be.

His challenges are never easy. There is much struggle in stepping outside our comfort zone. Sometimes we aren’t even sure why something is being asked of us. It is in those times that I am learning about faith. To put my trust in Michael, and know that I am capable, because He said so, and that there is ultimate divine purpose to what He is asking of me. I love to think about that… Divine Purpose.


So then, if perfection means balance, does that give us permission to embrace darkness? To allow it? To be satisfied with it? No, but it does give us permission to accept that it exists, that it is an aspect of Nature, not of evil, and that it does serve Divine Purpose. What could the divine purpose behind darkness be? To test us? That has never made much sense to me. God already knows what is in our hearts, and all that we are capable of. It is not necessary to prove who we are. It seems more likely that darkness exists to teach us. To help us to recognize and build the Light within us. If we are not challenged, then we do not grow. We become stagnant, complacent and unfulfilled. In order to expand, we must remain open to darkness.  We must not fear it. We must be willing and ready to welcome it, and to receive the lessons it offers us. To recognize that darkness is not there because we are bad, or weak, or because we have failed. It does not make us unworthy, or undivine. It makes us blessed... gifted with an opportunity to become more and to bring us closer to fulfilling that potential that lies within us all. Without darkness, there would be no need for Light, and without Light there would be only darkness.

So let us strive to live Michael’s example: to stand in the Light with our shadows exposed, to live openly and shamelessly in our own Truth, to accept that we are perfect. And to know that, even if it seems the whole world is against us, we can still choose LOVE… and that, to me, is imperfection at it’s most Divine.

"When the whole world says no, you say yes..."   -Michael Jackson

Forever in His perfect Love
Siren xxx

Copyright © 05/10/2011 by Siren

1 comment:

Siren said...

Repost

Speechless Majikal Child said...
Wow...Really? I am speechless for sure. I love what you wrote..It has opened my eyes even more. I see that Michael IS perfect, actually for a while now. I want to follow Michael's example, to be better, do more for others, grow spiritually, serve others, God..to see more clearly as I stand in the light of His truth...Michael's truth...I will follow Him always..thank you sweet Siren for putting it out there, for us, for Michael...LYM..always

11 May, 2011 6:39 PM