Sunday, 27 February 2011

Archangel Michael Jackson

On many occasions, I have heard Michael referred to as an angel (even in life), and more specifically, the Archangel Michael.  This is a beautiful thought but, besides the name, I wanted to know if there were any other similarities – any validity to this claim.  I felt I already knew quite a bit about our Angel Michael, but I really didn’t know much about the Archangel Michael, so I began to researching Him.  Here are some interesting things that I learned:
        Archangel Michael is first and foremost, a warrior.  He is the field commander for God’s Army, which He leads into battle against the forces of evil.   He first appears in the Bible in the Old Testament book of Joshua during the time of the fall of the city of Jericho.   It reads:  “Joshua first looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in his hand.”  When Joshua asked which side of the fight the Archangel was on, Michael replied, “neither…but as commander of the Army of the Lord, I have now come.” (Joshua 5:13-14)

I love the notion of this biblical Angel who, when asked, refuses to take sides, and instead proclaims to have come in service of God. This seems so much in keeping with our own beloved Michael, and His peaceful spirit and unitive way of being.




When I thought about this great commander of God's Army, I couldn’t help but conjure up visions of Michael in His usual military garb, or armour, leading troops of soldiers (most notably, in the HIStory trailer).   In fact, when Michael appeared publicly, He was almost always dressed in military uniform, even when He met with presidents!  In concert He was often dressed in armour.




The “Army of the Lord” also reminded me of Michaels references to His “Army of Love”.  The Bible says that “God is Love” (1 John 4:8), so it only makes sense that God’s Army would be an army of Love. Not only that, but we very often see Michael wearing the number 7 (or 777).  The number 7 is known to be God’s number.  If we look to scripture, we find several references to God’s connection to this number. Here are just a few:


“Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous judgments” (Psalms 119:164)
“For a just man falls seven times, and riseth up again” (Proverbs 24:16)
“..and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven spirits of  God” (Revelations 4:5)                                                                               
“wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn her seven pillars” (Proverbs 9:1)
“and behold, in the midst of the throne and the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as if it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent forth into all the earth” (Revelations 5:6)                                                                           
“and on the seventh day, God ended His work and He rested..” (Genisis 2:2)


Further reference to Archangel Michael is found in the book of Daniel.  It is revealed that:  “At that time [end times], Michael, the protector of your people, shall arise.  And there shall be a time of anguish such has never occurred since nations first came into existence.” (Daniel 12:1) A time of anguish.  This is precisely how one might describe the world as of June 25th, 2009.  Of all the icons that have passed through time, I think Michael’s has been one of the most profoundly felt losses this planet has known.  This seems an unreasonable reaction to the death of a pop star, leaving me to ponder what else is at play here.
Besides being a warrior, Archangel Michael is also said to be the Angel of Humanity.  He is seen to be a healer, and holds the position of caretaker of the sick.  He supposedly appeared, sword in hand, over the mausoleum of Hadrian, in answer to a plea for the plague in Rome to cease.  In His honor, the pope named the mausoleum “Castel Sant’Angelo”, which means “Castle of the Holy Angel.”  It is still known by this name today.  The sick slept in this church in hopes that Archangel Michael would heal them.
Angel Michael is also known to have caused a healing spring to flow at Colossae, and His churches were frequented by the sick and the lame. He was the first angel in all of Heaven to bow down to humanity, and it is said that Archangel Michael fell so deeply in love with the human race, that He was profoundly injured by their suffering and made it His mission to protect, save, and heal.


Angel Michael was also known to be a protector of children, called “the Great Prince, who watches over the children of your people.” (Daniel 12:1)

 We don’t need to look very far to see the similarities here.  We know that our Michael made it His purpose in life to help those in need, especially children.  He is noted in the Guiness Book of World Records as the  “Popstar who supported the most charities”.  He  founded the “Heal the World Foundation” in 1992…which is world reknowned for it’s enormous impact in assisting less fortunate children and others in need.  Michael is known to have held concerts in which He gave 100% of the proceeds to charity.  He co-wrote “We Are The World” which was the first project of it’s kind in the music industry to raise money for those in need (and helped make Michael personally responsible for cutting the population of starving people on earth in the 1980s IN HALF).  Michael personally donated over $300 million dollars to at least 39 charities over the span of His lifetime.  If that’s not the work of an angel…I don’t know what is.

Another title given to the Archangel Michael is “Patron Saint of Police”, because of His reputation for being a warrior of the people.  This gives some of the images we see of Michael, leading legions of police officers,  a meaning that we may not have considered.


  

Archangel Michael is also known as the “Prince of Light” or “Angel of Light” and His halo is said to be cobalt blue.

   

The book of Exodus says: “Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared…this Angel has My name because I am in Him” (Exodus 23:20-21)  ****  The name “Michael” translates to “like unto God” or “one most like God”.

He appears throughout many religions, and in many forms, including the Egyptian god, Horus, who’s symbol is the eye (eye of Horus) which is believed to possess healing and protective powers.


       The more I researched the Archangel Michael, the more I realised that there was so very much more to learn.  He is a very complex Angel.  One that deserves much more time and study.  But for now, I will leave it here, and close with this ancient prayer:

Prayer to Archangel Michael

Saint Michael the Archangel,
Defend us in battle,
Be our protection against the malice
And snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him we humbly pray:
And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host,
By the power of God.
Thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits
Who wander through the world for the ruin of souls.

 Amen.


P.S.  The Jehova’s Witnesses, Seventh-Day Aventists, and certain New Age Christian denominations believe that the Archangel Michael and Jesus are one and the same, and refer to Angel Michael as “Christ Michael”, or, “Christ before He became man”…..but that’s another story  ;)

Blessings and Love to all!
Siren xxx

02/26/11
Copyright 2011 © by Siren




5 comments:

Siren said...

Reposted

beanie23 said...
Dear Siren,
This is exactly what I talked about in my book, "An Angel Among Us: We Called Him Michael Jackson" Horus, ChristMichael,Jehovahs' Vitnesses, 7th Day Adventist, Military Dress (Warrior), Angelic one in white. It DOES ALL ADD UP, doesn't it? When I first began refering to Michael as Christ, I got some rather ugly comments from some people. Some of these people even called themselves 'fans', yet condemened me for my belief. Through all the research I did when writing my book, I was gathering "evidence" for a belief that I have had all my life. I had just never tried to prove it before. After Michael's body left the planet, I knew it was my duty to put my belief on the line, so to speak, for ALL THE WORLD to see. I even said in my book that some would ridicule or make fun of me for it, but I did not care. With all the pain Michael endured, the little pain I might endure is nothing. I do it for Him. I live with His love in mind and heart. Through His love and kindness I am a better mother, daughter, teacher & friend. I am a better warrior for this EARTH that He and We share and love. His respect is my respect. His work is my work. His pain is my pain. But most importantly, His L~O~V~E is my love.
Someone critisized me once saying I wasn't "New Age" enough to have written that book. WHAT? They said they agreed with my premise, but wished I had more background in "religion and mysticism" to make the book more believable! I say, NO, just the opposite. If 'Me', a 'regular' spiritual person, dwelling on the face of the Earth could figure it out...then what I wrote about MUST BE QUITE BELIEVABLE! It doesn't take a label of "Mystic" or "New Ager" to see the truth.
We know the truth. Michael was the Chosen One, and He chose us all to help Him...to be His "army of soldiers of love. The idea for my book came from Michael one night when I slept...It woke me up and unfolded before my sleepy eyes...and then the work began, day after day, night after night. I wrote it for 2 main reasons: First was for people like us who already knew and loved Him and could use what I found as evidence in defence of Michael's spirit & character. Second was for non-believers or confused people. I really wanted to educate the world about who He really was and what had tragically happened to this Messenger of God. Michael is evidence OF God.
peace, light & MichaeLOVE, Michelle

Siren said...

Reposted

SHicks said...
I love reading about Michael. He was such a sweet, beautiful man when he walked this earth and did such wonderful things for people. I wish I would have paid more attention when he was here. Thanks for sharing. RIP Michael.

Siren said...

Reposted

Michelle said...
I get chills reading about the love you all have for OurAngel Michael! It is a great comfort I feel Knowing Him, while at the same time I feel a huge sorrow at what this world put Him through...the pain He endured. I know we all miss Him so much, but through each other and our common bond, we will always walk with Michael...in His light! Today, more than ever, the world could use a healthy dose of His L~O~V~E!!!
peace, light & michaeLOVE, michelle

3 April, 2011 1:55 PM

Siren said...

Reposted

islandsisle said...
thanks to you Siren for this place you have made!! I just found it and just read your "about me" piece.Wow! sounds exactly like what happened to me! Your words,,,,"like a moth to a flame" and "not even understanding why" are the hooks that I experienced too. I am so convinced of Michaels light....because I, a total nobeliever came to these feelings and sorted through them without realizing anyone else was thinking them too! I KNEW if I spoke about it to anyone I would get some...feedback. NOW I am feeling more comfortable and seeking out others who see this too. I hadn't found Michelle's book and more stuff on the web. It was just so clear to me and I am someone who has never been religious! This just blows me away. I wake up everyday surprised. thanks for your place here. It's late now but I will return soon. Peace & Love, Cathy

1 April, 2011 1:09 AM

Siren said...

Reposted

islandsisle said...
My comment is to Michelle! I can't believe I just saw this post by you. Your book helped me so much. I left a note on the Amazon page of the book....but I just so wanted to say how thankful I am that you were able to be so eloquent and sane! about your discussion throughout your book. I am a newcomer to Michaels work at anything other than light enhoyment. I am ashamed to say. I then rented the TII movie and was blown away by his presence and his message. I began a three month daily crying binge ! I of course kept trying to see what was happening to me and after weeks of this I realized I thought Michael was a messiah or something! I have been a atheist! this was very big stuff...I am 59 and have felt pretty lost for a few years. this has really given me pause and a new light shines for me now. I was so devasted though at the pain I saw Michael live through and his unbelievable death. I am a abused and extremly sensitive person too and I was so empathetic it was killing me. YOUR book helped me come to terms with what he did live through and that it was as it had to be. I get it now. I cannot thank you enough for being brave enought to put your beliefs into print....MUCH LOVE to you and yours, Peace and Love, Cathy

1 April, 2011 12:55 AM